Our boarders come from regional and rural areas, Melbourne and overseas. With a wide range of curricular and co-curricular programs and world-class facilities, students are offered the same opportunities as their city peers within a safe and nurturing learning environment.
Our boarding houses are set among the beautiful lawns and rambling gardens of the heritage-listed Myrniong Homestead Campus. Boarders come from a wide range of destinations in rural and regional Australia, Melbourne and overseas. They have a wonderful opportunity to make the most of the wide range of co-curricular activities on offer at the school both during the day and after hours.
CASUAL BOARDINGYour child can stay in the Boarding House for short stay for a definite purpose, such as rehearsals out of school hours or early morning rowing training. They can also get help with their homework from a member of the academic staff after school. You can have peace of mind knowing your child is being cared for in a safe, supportive and familiar environment. Click here for more information.
Our boarding house community gets together during the weekend to join for numerous optional activities beyond free time in the boarding house. The following table demonstrates what weekends during a usual term would look like.
SUPPORT & CARE
Dedicated boarding trained staff care for the boarders and contribute to their academic, social, co-curricular and pastoral care. Academic staff members supervise study sessions during the week so boarders can get help when they are doing their homework. The College nurse is available to care for boarders when they are unwell. Trained chefs prepare quality meals and cater for individual dietary needs. Breakfast and dinner are served in the refectory on-site and a cut lunch is provided each day, allowing boarders to integrate with the day students at the Senior Campus throughout the day.
Students can participate in the after-school activities they love, eat dinner and finish their homework - all before they get home. They can also get help with their homework from a member of the academic staff after school. Parents can have peace of mind knowing your child is being cared for in a safe, supportive and familiar environment. Click here for more information.
FAQsFollow this link
- Located on the Myrniong Campus
- On-site heritage-listed Myrniong Homestead
- 14 hectares of beautiful grounds and gardens
- On-site extensive playing fields
- On-site oval and floodlit multi-purpose courts
- Quiet location in Hamilton
- Walking distance to a wide range of community sporting facilities
- On-site College Equestrian Centre (boarders can agist a horse here)
- Public golf course next door
- Accommodation for up to 150 boarders
- 2 main boarding houses for boarders from Years 7 to 12 (Macdonald House for girls and Speirs House for boys)
- A number of smaller units accommodating up to 8 senior boarders
- House Mothers care for all junior boarders
- Twin-share accommodation with a single room in Year 12
- Access to wifi and the school’s central network
- Common rooms in each boarding house providing the perfect space for boarders to relax
- Central common room with recreational games
- A common dining area (the Refectory)